The most effective partnerships are the ones where vision, risks, responsibilities and rewards are shared mutually and are in alignment with the core interests of the entities involved.
We have a strong and committed network of partners who have been supporting our activities by providing necessary knowledge, technical and financial support. Their invaluable support gives us stimulation and motivation to work and also aids in sustenance of multiple programmes running at the community level.
We are passionate about working in partnerships with a variety of partners- Individuals, government agencies, private agencies, foundations and corporates.
Why partner? Why Start a CIRC?
- For digital inclusion of information-dark communities
- For empowering communities with digital literacy and access to all kinds of online services
- For implementing all kinds of ICT for Development interventions for the benefit of marginalised, underserved people
- For bringing about integrated development of marginalised, underserved communities through various types of ICTD interventions
- For creating sustainable livelihoods that also serve people and bring about inclusive development
Who can start a CIRC?
– Community Based Organisations (CBOs)
– Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs)
– Entities engaged in implementing Corporate Social Responsibility programmes (CSRs)
– Individuals and enterpreneurs
– Panchayat members
– School Teachers
– Aanganwadi workers
– Self- help Group Members
DEF provides all the help needed to make CIRCs sustainable. There is no standard revenue model that works for all CIRCs. Depending on the particular needs of a location and market that a CIRC serves as also the various revenue earning services it can roll out in that particular localised market alongside any revenue earning possibilities by tapping regional, national and global markets, DEF will provide the consultancy needed to work out a specific customised revenue model for each CIRC. DEF will also constantly try to upgrade the capability of each and every CIRC so that they become increasingly more sustainable while becoming more and more capable of rolling out a wider range of services and ICTD interventions.
“Volunteers just don’t do the work, they make it work.”- Carol Pettit
Over the last few years, we have grown and expanded our realm of work in 53 districts spread across 19 states of India. Our work has received tremendous response from the communities and partner organizations we work with. Our innovative community interventions have received wide press coverage both at national and international levels. We are now looking to step up our efforts and reach out to more people and facilitate process of change.
We are looking for professionals and passionate individuals with skills that contribute to the CIRC’s, and if you feel that you have a specific skill set or project idea that would benefit CIRC in furthering its vision of creating a digitally inclusive nation, call us or write to us @ firstname.lastname@example.org to know more about volunteering opportunities.
Applications are invited from young fellows in the age group 20-40 years with minimum qualification of a graduate, and having skills in writing and communication capacities in English, Hindi or any in any local languages in India. Having basic or advanced knowledge of ICTs is desirable.
The minimum duration for fellows is 3 months. Willing fellows may participate in extended fellowship duration.
Roles & Responsibilities of Fellows
The following is brief of roles and responsibilities of fellows:
Selected fellows shall be desired to provide support / contribution in:
- Community mobilization and engagement
- Skill development & capacity building
- Reporting and documentation
- Information and content aggregation
- Research inputs including data capturing and mining
Number of Fellowships
Currently, the programmes looks to engage 100 fellows for various community based ICT programmes during 2014-15.
Selected fellows shall be entitled with following benefits:
- Travel Allowance
- A Monthly stipend to meet food expenses
- Experience certificate after successful tenure as fellows
Willing applicants can write to Ms. Ritu Srivastava, Programme Manager at email@example.com with a formal communication along with updated curriculum vitae. Application shall accompany with a 500 words note on why the applicant is willing to join the Digital Youth Fellowship Programme.